top of page
Strengthening Networks and Highlighting Black Excellence in Cancer Research and Medicine.
- Mon 10 Oct10MonOctBlack in Cancer conference/London10 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 11 Oct 2022, 19:00London, London, UKJoin us for the inaugural Black in Cancer conference organised in collaboration with Cancer Research UK this October in London!
- Fri 15 Oct15FriOctBlack in Cancer Week 2021: Keynote Address/Webinar15 Oct 2021, 10:00 – 11:30WebinarJoin us as we wrap up the week with a keynote address from the inaugural recipient of the Black in Cancer Distinguished Investigator Award Dr Paula Hammond.
- Thu 14 Oct14ThuOctThe experience of black people in cancer research/Webinar14 Oct 2021, 14:30 – 15:30 BSTWebinarAt this virtual event, organised in collaboration with NCRI, we talk to an early career researcher, an established cancer researcher, and a patient representative about their experiences of being black in cancer research.
- Wed 13 Oct13WedOct"I've been diagnosed with cancer. What happens now?"/Webinar13 Oct 2021, 11:30 – 12:30 GMT-4WebinarYou or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, what happens now? This event will be an informational seminar on how to support loved ones post diagnosis.
- Tue 12 Oct12TueOctEvading Myths 2.0: Let's talk about Cancer and Covid-19/Webinar12 Oct 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 GMT-4WebinarAddressing common misconceptions around cancer and covid-19.
- Mon 11 Oct11MonOctElevate: Mentorship and Outreach/Webinar11 Oct 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 GMT-4WebinarPanel event which highlights professionals in academia and industry, elevates programs/pipelines available to minority students for professional and graduate programs. Career, graduate school application, and interview tips.
- Sun 10 Oct10SunOctBlack in Cancer Week Roll Call/All social media platforms10 Oct 2021, 00:00 – 23:59All social media platformsWe want to know who you are! Tell us about yourself on a social media platform of your choice using the hashtag #BlackinCancerRollCall throughout the day!
- Thu 17 Jun17ThuJunBlack Family Cancer Awareness Week/Online17 Jun 2021, 17:00 – 22 Jun 2021, 18:00OnlineBIC will be hosting these seminars as part of Black Family Cancer Awareness week organised by FDA Oncology. 17 June - Breast Cancer Expert Panel 18 June- Crafting a healthy diet 21 June- Prostate Cancer Expert Panel 22 June- BIC reflections Events take place at 12pm - 1pm EST/ 5pm - 6pm BST
- Tue 25 May25TueMayBlack in Cancer: The Pipeline Series/Zoom25 May 2021, 18:00 – 19:00 BSTZoomOur next talk will take place on Tuesday 25th May, 1-2pm EST/6-7pm BST. For the next instalment of this series, we will have the male perspective as Chris Bourne and Dr Cornelius Taabazuing speak on their journeys to becoming cancer researchers. They will also be taking questions from the audience.
- Tue 27 Apr27TueAprBlack in Cancer Pipeline Series: The Launch Event/Webinar27 Apr 2021, 18:00 – 19:00 BSTWebinarJoin us for the launch of the Black in Cancer Pipeline Program on Tuesday, April 27th from 1-2pm EST/ 6-7PM BST. We at Black in Cancer, want to inspire undergraduate and graduate students by showcasing the work of black professionals contributing to the fight against cancer.
- 17 Oct 2020, 13:00 – 18 Oct 2020, 14:00www.twitter.com/blackincancerHighlight cancer researchers, doctors, and contributors that have made leaps and bounds in cancer research. Be sure to join our panel today!
- 16 Oct 2020, 13:00 – 17 Oct 2020, 14:00www.twitter.com/blackincancerHighlighting our own self-care practices - how do you practice cancer prevention in your everyday?
- 15 Oct 2020, 16:00 – 16 Oct 2020, 20:00www.twitter.com/blackincancerHighlight the disparities in cancer diagnosis, treatments and survival rates for those in the Black community.
- Wed 14 Oct14WedOctEVADING the Myths (#CancerFacts)/www.twitter.com/blackincancer14 Oct 2020, 00:00 – 23:59www.twitter.com/blackincancerSharing common cancer myths - today we'll be playing true or false and helping you to pick out those truth from those dodgy cancer myths! If you have questions, today is the day!
- 13 Oct 2020, 00:00 – 23:59www.twitter.com/BlackinCancerIncreasing the number of Black people in Cancer Research
- 12 Oct 2020, 00:00 – 23:59www.twitter.com/blackincancerExplaining what drives us to do cancer research
- 11 Oct 2020, 00:00 – 23:59www.twitter.com/blackincancerHighlighting cancer researchers, doctors, and contributors.
- Sun 11 Oct11SunOctBlackinCancer Week/www.twitter.com/blackincancer11 Oct 2020, 00:00 – 17 Oct 2020, 23:59www.twitter.com/blackincancerA full and exciting week highlighting Black Excellence in cancer research and medicine, as well as providing insights into cancer disparities, dispelling myths about cancer in the Black community and helping those young researchers to find their way!
bottom of page